gb5 – raising the bar
La Marzocco introduced the GB5 machine model in 2005. Named after Piero Bambi’s wife, Giovanna Bambi, it is the ideal espresso machine for the most elegant and classic cafés.
Equipped with a CPU board and designed for superior temperature control, the GB5 combines gracious lines and harmonious curves with powerful technological advancements, in line with classic La Marzocco design and spirit. The machine is an understated companion to any coffee bar. Its unmatched temperature stability provide steady brew water and steam even at the peak of the morning rush.
Elegant engineering with superior temperature control.
The GB5 has redefined the standard for temperature stability in modern espresso equipment in light of PID technology. The dynamic preheater assembly ensures that water entering the coffee boiler is at precisely 170°. Therefore water at this degree replaces the hot water exiting the group, reducing temperature swings in the coffee boiler.
The GB5 features an algorithm-based PID temperature controller, which further reduces temperature fluctuation in the coffee boiler. Moreover, a group cap, which was designed by Piero Bambi, and an integrated ruby flow restrictor reduces channelling to ensure that water never leaves the saturated area of the coffee boiler, eliminates thermo-instability during brewing.
- Saturated Groups: ensure unsurpassed thermal stability, shot after shot.
- Dual Boiler System: separate boilers for each group optimize espresso brewing and steam production.
- Dual PID (coffee and steam): allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Insulated Boilers: reduce energy consumption while contributing to temperature stability.
- Ruby Flow Restrictors: synthetic ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion.
- Pre-heating System: prior to entering into the coffee boiler, water is pre-heated – thus increasing productivity.
- Stainless Steel Portafilters & Precision Baskets: forimproved cup quality and consistency.
- Digital Display: temperature display, shot timers and intuitive programming simplifies the adjustment of machine parameters.
- Hot Water Economizer: fine tune the temperature of the hot water spout.
- Tall Cups: allows you to use the machine with tall, to-go cups (+2.5cm /1in. in height).
- Auto Back-flush Program: automatic cleaning program.
- Available Models: 2, 3 or 4 groups.
- Machine Operation: automatic (AV), semiautomatic (EE) and mechanical paddle (MP) versions.
- Cup warmer: maintain espresso and cappuccino cups heated at a proper temperature.
- Barista Lights: LED lighting allows you to focus on your extraction and the cup.
- High Legs: makes it easier to access beneath the machine (+7.5cm / 3in. in height).
- Personalized Colors: customizable colors based on the RAL color system, on request.
- Auto Steam: simple steaming system stops automatically at your desired temperature.
|Model||2 Groups||3 Groups||4 Groups|
|Height (CM/IN)||47,5 / 18,7||47,5 / 18,7||47,5 / 18,7|
|Width (CM/IN)||75 / 29½||95 / 37½||119 / 47|
|Depth (CM/IN)||62,2 / 24½||62,2 / 24½||62,2 / 24½|
|Weight (KG/LBS)||62 / 136,7||74 / 163,1||105 / 231,5|
|Voltage (VAC)||200 single / 3 phase.||200 single / 3 phase.||200 single / 3 phase.|
|-||220 single / 3 phase.||220 single / 3 phase.||200 single / 3 phase.|
|-||380 3 phase.||380 3 phase.||380 3 phase.|
|Amps service required (A)|
|Standard watts (W)||3600||4800||6800|
|Optional watts (W)||4600||6100||8000|
|Coffee boiler (L)||3,4||5||6.8|
|Steam boiler (L)||7||11||15|