STRADA EP - designed for and by baristas
La Marzocco set out to design the Strada EP (Electronic Paddle) because of a shift in the market by providing the barista full control over the brewing process as never before. As more coffee roasters began moving toward direct trade and relationship coffees, we realized there was a need for a more stable, reliable and versatile machine that enabled them to showcase the very best of these coffees.
Pressure profiling allows the barista to bring out different flavor components which affect the balance and body of the shot, and produce a rounder, softer espresso that highlights brightness, sweetness and delicate notes. The Strada EP enables the barista to create that perfect expression of a particular single origin coffee as an espresso, and reproduce a flavor profile that may be difficult to attain at a constant 9 bars of pressure.
- Repeatable Pressure Profiling: absolute and direct control of pressure at any point during extraction – with 4 programmable pressure profiles and one fly by wire mode per group.
- Individual Internal Gear Pumps: one gear pump per group delivers stable, dependable pressure control, while reducing the need for regular steam valve maintenance.
- Individual Displays: with real time pressure and shot timers.
- Proportional Valve Technology: variable solenoid valve control of the steam wand.
- Transferable Pressure Profiles: record and replay pressure curves.
- Exposed Saturated Groups: increased temperature stability, ergonomics and workspace visibility.
- Independent Coffee Boilers: separate boilers for each group head allow baristas to optimize temperature for multiple coffees.
- Multiple PID (coffee and steam): allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Insulated Boilers: reduce energy consumption while contributing to temperature stability.
- Pre-heating System: prior to entering into the coffee boiler, water is pre-heated – thus increasing productivity.
- Paddle Interface: La Marzocco’s iconic paddle to activate coffee brewing.
- Stainless Steel Portafilters & Precision Baskets: for improved cup quality and consistency.
- Digital Display & Jog Wheel Interface: temperature display, shot timers and intuitive programming simplifies the adjustment of machine parameters.
- Solenoid Steam Lever Actuation: a user-friendly lever controls steam.
- Hot Water Economizer: fine-tune the temperature of the hot water spout.
- Adjustable Deep Drain Tray: accommodates a variety of cup sizes.
- Auto Back-flush Program: automatic cleaning program.
- USB Update: USB makes it possible to update profiles.
- Available Models: 2 or 3 groups.
- Cup Warmer: maintain espresso and cappuccino cups heated at a proper temperature.
- Personalized Colors: customizable colors based on the RAL color system, on request.
|Model||2 Groups||3 Groups|
|Height (CM/IN)||47,5 / 19||47,5 / 19|
|Width (CM/IN)||80 / 31½||100 / 40|
|Depth (CM/IN)||67,5 / 26½||67,5 / 26½|
|Weight (KG/LBS)||85 / 187,4||102 / 224,9|
|Voltage (VAC)||200 single / 3 phase.||200 single / 3 phase.|
|-||220 single / 3 phase.||220 single / 3 phase.|
|-||380 3 phase.||380 3 phase.|
|Amps service required (A)|
|Standard watts (W)||4500 (200V) 4600 (220/380V)||5500 (200V) 6400 (220/380V)|
|Optional watts (W)|
|Coffee boiler (L)||1,3 x 2||1,3 x 3|
|Steam boiler (L)||8,2||11,8|
Electronically controlled gear pumps provide precise, direct pressure control. Motor speed is controlled with La Marzocco’s classic paddle interface. The Electronic Paddle assures absolute and direct control of pressure at any point during the extraction and it is manually controlled by the barista. Thanks to the Strada EP technology it is possible to program and reproduce pressure profiles.