Strada MP - designed for and by baristas
Over the course of two years La Marzocco worked with thirty of the world’s finest coffee professionals to design a machine. This group was known as the “Street Team”; the Strada, Italian for street, was named in their honor.
Street Team input resulted in the most technologically advanced traditional espresso machine featuring traditional hydraulics and a barista-friendly design. The Strada MP (Mechanical Paddle) provides the barista the flexibility to apply variable pressure regardless of whether other groups are in use.
The Strada MP is the most advanced machine featuring traditional La Marzocco technology.
The Strada MP features individual brew boilers, preheater assembly, dedicated PID controls for each boiler, and easy-access for preventative maintenance. A lower profile invites customer engagement in a café setting, while also providing the barista an open, expansive work area. Finally, the Strada platform has been designed to encourage creativity and customization so that each machine can be unique.
- Pressure & Flow Control: progressive control of water flow and pressure via La Marzocco’s classic paddle interface and a mechanical internal valve, thus allowing controlled pre-infusion.
- Real Time Pressure: dedicated coffee boilers and periscope pressure gauges for each brew group provide real time coffee boiler pressure throughout the extraction. Dedicated pressure gauges help to indicate any inconsistencies in the grind, dose, or tamp.
- Exposed Saturated Groups: increased temperature stability, ergonomics and workspace visibility.
- Independent Coffee Boilers: separate boilers for each group head allow baristas to optimize temperature for multiple coffees.
- Dual PID (coffee and steam): allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Insulated Boilers: reduce energy consumption while contributing to temperature stability.
- Ruby Flow Restrictors: synthetic ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion.
- Pre-heating System: prior to entering into the coffee boiler, water is pre-heated – thus increasing productivity.
- Paddle Interface: La Marzocco’s iconic paddle to activate coffee brewing.
- Stainless Steel Portafilters & Precision Baskets: for improved cup quality and consistency.
- Digital Display & Jog Wheel Interface: temperature display, shot timers and intuitive programming simplifies the adjustment of machine parameters.
- Mechanical Steam Lever Actuation: a user-friendly lever controls steam.
- Hot Water Economizer: fine tune the temperature of the hot water spout.
- Periscope Pressure Gauges: monitor pressure during extraction.
- Adjustable Deep Drain Tray: accommodates a variety of cup sizes.
- Available Models: 2 or 3 groups.
- Cup Warmer: maintain espresso and cappuccino cups heated at a proper temperature.
- Personalized Colors: customizable colors based on the RAL color system, on request.
|Model||2 Groups||3 Groups|
|Height (CM/IN)||47,5 / 19||47,5 / 19|
|Width (CM/IN)||80 / 31½||100 / 40|
|Depth (CM/IN)||67,5 / 26½||67,5 / 26½|
|Weight (KG/LBS)||85 / 187,4||102 / 224,9|
|Voltage (VAC)||200 single / 3 phase.||200 single / 3 phase.|
|-||220 single / 3 phase.||220 single / 3 phase.|
|-||380 3 phase.||380 3 phase.|
|Amps service required (A)|
|Standard watts (W)||4500 (200V) 4600 (220/380V)||5500 (200V) 6400 (220/380V)|
|Optional watts (W)|
|Coffee boiler (L)||1,3 x 2||1,3 x 3|
|Steam boiler (L)||8,2||11,8|
Electronically controlled gear pumps provide precise, direct pressure control. Motor speed is controlled with La Marzocco’s classic paddle interface. The Electronic Paddle assures absolute and direct control of pressure at any point during the extraction and it is manually controlled by the barista. Thanks to the Strada EP technology it is possible to program and reproduce pressure profiles.